Blog Archive

Monday, May 2, 2011

Polo: Not for Chukkas!

My first Polo experience was at The Nations Cup 2011 - International Polo Series (Copa de las Naciones 2011 - Serie Internacional de Polo). Where has this been all my life?!? Why did it take me so long to become a fan!?! As you can imaging the experience was nothing short of incredible. People go bananas over Polo and now I understand why. Fast paced, heart pounding excitement from start to finish. Hoards of people young and old flock to the field to cheer on their team. The players are treated like rock stars and the traditional “after polo” where everyone mingles and drinks pink champagne is very civilized indeed! I’m hooked and I can’t wait for spring when the players saddle up their ponies again. I will be waiting, pink bubbles in hand.





















1 comment:

  1. A true and unique Argentine experience! I wasn't a polo fan at all until my first event in December. Now I love it! Glad the pictures captured more than just the game.

    ReplyDelete